Are you looking for the best golf clubs for beginners? If you are, then you should check out these top picks.
Golf is a sport that requires a lot of practice, especially if you want to improve your game. The best way to get better at golf is to invest in quality equipment. This means buying high-quality golf clubs. These clubs will give you the perfect balance between power and forgiveness.
If you’re a beginner at golf, it can be confusing when you walk into your local golf store. You’ll want to get the best bang for your buck to ensure you get the best golf clubs for beginners. Your skill level and handicap are essential as this will help determine how many clubs and the type of features you need. Also, whether you are left- or right-handed is another key consideration. This article will provide some tips on what to look out for when buying golf clubs for beginners.
Here are some of the best golf clubs for beginner golfers.
1. Most Affordable Golf Club Set For Beginner Female Players
The Cobra Fly XL Set is made for female golfers who want to get the most distance possible off of the tee and in the fairway. A whole set of irons, a driver, fairway wood, and a hybrid from Cobra Golf’s Fly XL series make up the Cobra. The driver also sports a larger form and heel-biased weighting for longer and straighter drives, while the irons, 6 to PW, have a typical hollow perimeter weighting and back design for smooth launch and far distance. The 5-hybrid is excellent for beginner golfers who need to mix distance with elegance and features a shallow profile and heel-biased balance for accuracy and distance off the tee.
- The wedges have excellently machined grooves.
- Includes a cart bag with seven zippered bags and a putter with a really excellent feel
- Standardized graphite shafts
- There are 2 hybrids in the set
- Excellent ball speed while using the driver
- The sound in every club is unsatisfying
- The woods have a gloomy feeling
- Not the best for players with faster swing speeds
2. Best Beginner Golf Club Set For Junior Players
The PreciseGolf Co Junior Golf Club Beginner Set is a wonderful tool for piqueing your child’s interest in golf. With this complete club set, youngsters have all they require to pick up the game quickly. This set includes a driver, hybrid wood, #6/7 irons (1 piece), #9/p iron (1 piece), putter, and a bonus stand bag with 2 head coverings. It also includes everything else needed for early game success. The graphite shaft helps players make excellent drives and offers them more control over strokes where accuracy is important. Junior flex helps juniors who are smaller since it makes swings easier for them, allowing them to appreciate their game earlier without feeling like it’s too difficult due to their size.
The PreciseGolf Co. Precise X7 bag is the perfect size for any junior golfer. It’s large enough to fit all of the clubs, balls, tees, and other assorted gear that a kid needs to play a round of golf and keep their clubs protected from damage. The bag has heavy padding, so you don’t have to worry about your clubs getting damaged, but it’s also comfortable enough to help keep things balanced as you carry it around during your round.
- It has an ergonomic lift handle that provides a secure grasp.
- The junior golf set is made to increase range and precision.
- Suitable for golfers who are left- or right-handed
- Its average construction quality renders it undurable
3. Best Entry Level Golf Club Set
The only “personalized fit in a set” system in the world is the Profile SGI full golf kit. It offers thirteen variations with different flexes, lengths, bags lofts, and grip sizes to better match beginning golfers and their particular physical traits. For organization and protection when carrying and storing your clubs at home, each set comes with a matching 3-way stand bag.
- Aerodynamic design features that increase head speed and distance
- Integrated cavity-back iron produces accurate, long, and straight shots
- Comes with a pouch that can be adjusted so that it may be carried comfortably
- Average build, potentially short-lived
4. Best Golf Clubs for Beginners to Intermediate Players
You have everything you could want in this 12-piece golf set to start playing like a pro. The MOG Tour X features a Metal Fairway Wood with a Graphite Rod; a 460cc Forged Metal Driver with a Graphite Shaft, 5 Deep Cavity Weighted Irons, a Perimeter Balanced Hybrid, and a Heel to Toe Weighted Putter. To top it all off, the MOG Tour X Rezults Men’s 12pc Golf Set features a Light Dual Strap Stand Bag with a rain cover. There are also two matching head coverings included. The set consists of a driver, three woods, a four-wood, a six-wood, and a putter. Only the right hand may use this set.
- Irons have a strong holding capacity
- Light construction
- Fiber-carbon shafts
- Cavity-back irons that are forgiving
- Very effective for slow swing speeds
- Hefty lofted irons
- The headcovers are of poor quality, and the putter doesn’t roll smoothly
5. Most Popular Callaway Starter Set For Women
Women of all skill levels who want to increase their distance, hit excellent shots and love the game of golf more than ever before should consider Callaway’s new REVA Packaged Set. The set comes fully equipped with a driver, fairway woods, irons, and wedges. It also comes with a headcover, and a putter stand for simple storage and transportation.
- With the driver, achieving a suitable apex height is simple
- The driver is additionally offered in lofts of 10.5 or 12.5
- Both variants include a high-end cart bag
- High ball speed is ensured with flash face cup technology in the driver and irons
- The center of gravity weighting of the fairway woods has been improved
- The putter has a fluid, smooth feel
- Both models are somewhat expensive
- Surprisingly, little is included in the 8-piece version
6. High-Quality Callaway Starter Golf Clubs For Beginners
The Bazooka 370 Complete set is made to be forgiving, easy to hit, and simple to launch from any angle. More forgiving is provided by the improved forms and weight distribution in the new Bazooka 370 complete set. Additionally, the set has incredibly thin faces that increase speed. This popular complete set has been lengthened and made simpler to strike thanks to the new designs.
- Ultra-thin club faces allow for more CG weight to be placed where it is most beneficial
- For beginners, the putter truly does help with accuracy
- Lightweight steel-shafted irons are available
- Offered in both right- and left-handed versions
- The hybrid offers a long-range
- Overall, the set’s clubs are all quite simple to use
- No left-handed +1″ shaft lengths are available
- The stand bag has some zippers, some of which are extremely easily snagged
- Some of the shorter irons struggle to generate enough spin
7. The Most Affordable Callaway Starter Set For Beginners
You’ll hit it far and straight with the Precise M5 Men’s Complete Golf Clubs Package Set. This package includes a 460 cc driver, #3 wood, 21 hybrids, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW stainless irons, putter, and three matching headcovers. It also has a luxury stand bag that features roomy pockets. The set is perfect for tall men in the range of 6’1″ to 6’4″ in height due to its long-range and forgiving nature.
- Aerodynamic design features that increase head speed and distance
- Integrated cavity-back iron produces accurate, long, and straight shots
- Poorly designed won’t work for long
8. Most Complete Taylormade Set For Beginners
The 460cc driver and Rescue head shape for players who like a higher launch and less spin, the 50g ultralight shaft, and the flexible Speed Pocket face design are all included in the RBZ Speedlite Complete 13-Piece Set. It also has RBZ Technology to encourage faster swing rates. We are convinced that this set will be the one you want in your bag because of the high MOI heads and the new high-launch sole design.
- Large separation from the driver
- Surprisingly forgiving irons
- Two rescue woodlands are included in the package
- A cart bag with eight pockets, including a cooler pouch, is also part of the package
- There are numerous alignment markings on the putter
- All of the tees provide you with a favorable launch angle
- The putter doesn’t feel as slick as it should
- This set ought to come with a stand bag
- It’s quite expensive
9. The Best Beginner Taylormade Set For Teenagers
For young golfers, the Aspire XD1 Teenager Complete Golf Set is a company that offers high-quality, reasonably priced, and dependable equipment. The 5’1″ to 5’6″ height range and ages 13 to 16 are ideal for the XD1 Complete Package. Driver, Fairway Wood, Hybrid, 7-PW Irons, and Putter are all included, as well as a Deluxe Dual-Strap Golf Bag and Headcovers that match. Take care of your bag as a backpack with these Taylormade gold clubs for beginners.
- It is simple to transport this set because it is lightweight
- The bag is cozy to carry and may be worn as a backpack
- Driver head made of titanium for more range
- Clubs with lighter-than-air graphite shafts that don’t compromise power
- Beautiful club layout (pink and chrome appointments)
- The bag feels durable and long-lasting
- A weak driver hosel is felt
- They are not ideal for players who are intermediate or advanced
- They are not available in left-handed versions
What Are The Best Golf Club Brands for Beginners?
- Cobra Golf 2021
- PreciseGolf Co
- Tour Edge Bazooka
What Is A Reasonable Price To Spend On A Beginner Set Of Clubs
A beginner set of golf clubs costs around $400 to $500, but if you can spend more, you’ll get a better quality set that will last longer and improve your game. Most beginners will be better off buying a complete set of clubs than just a driver or fairway wood. You can always add more later, but at least you’ll have the basics for now.
What Else Do I Need To Get When Learning To Play Golf?
If you’re going to be playing in hot weather or on very dry courses, then gloves are essential to protect your hands from injury. They also prevent blisters if your skin is prone to them.
These have spikes on them so that you can get a better grip on the ground when you’re playing. Many people choose to wear these shoes when they’re practicing at home because they allow them to avoid slipping on their own floors or carpeting.
Spikes are used in conjunction with golf shoes so that players can get better traction while they’re playing the game. They come in different sizes, depending on how much traction you need.
Markers help players keep track of where they hit their balls during each hole so they know where they should be hitting them next time around.
The golf bag is an essential part of your kit and the one thing that you cannot leave out. A good quality golf bag will cost anywhere between $100-$1000, depending on its features.
There are different types of balls available in the market, including two-piece, three-piece, and solid core golf balls. It all depends on your personal preference and budget. If you are a beginner, then it is best to opt for a two or three-piece ball as they tend to be more forgiving than solid core balls, which are designed for long-distance shots.
What’s The Difference Between Regular Golf Sets and Beginner Golf Sets?
The main difference between these two types of golf sets is that a regular one contains more clubs than a beginner one does. In addition to this, the clubs included in regular golf sets are also sturdier and made with better materials compared to those included in beginner golf sets.
The goal of manufacturers when they make these two types of golf sets is to provide customers with quality products that will last longer than others do while still being affordable enough so that everyone can afford them.
Things To Note Before Buying Golf Clubs for Beginners
Golf clubs can cost quite abit of money. To help you choose the best clubs out there, we’ve prepare a list of things you should take note of when choosing golf clubs for beginners.
The first thing that you need to do is determine your handicap level. This will help you choose the right kind of club set for your skill level. You may have heard about the different types of handicaps, such as scratch and plus 2 handicap. Scratch means that a player has no handicap at all, while plus 2 means that a player is 2 shots worse than par on each hole they play in 18 holes. If you are just starting out and want to learn how to play golf, then a scratch or even plus 1 or minus 1 handicap would be good enough for your needs until you become more experienced with the sport.
Wedges are usually used for short shots like sand traps or if there is a steep hill that needs to be climbed or descended with the ball in place without moving it out of position by hitting it with another club. The wedge has many different uses, such as hitting the ball out of sand traps, hitting bunker shots, and other similar situations that require accuracy over distance. Wedges also come in different sizes depending on how far they hit the ball; they can range from around 60 yards up to 180 yards depending on where it is needed most and how much power should be behind each swing.
Another important factor when choosing golf clubs is whether they are right or left-handed. Most good brands will offer both right and left-handed options.
The material used in the making of golf clubs can affect how well the clubs perform on the course. For instance, steel clubs are heavier than graphite ones, but they also have more power behind them because they don’t flex like graphite clubs do when hitting the ball with them.
The design of your beginner golf club set will determine how well it performs on the course as well as how easy it is to hit balls with it. There are many different types of designs for beginners’ sets, including mallets and blades, which offer different levels of power and control when hitting balls with them, depending on what type suits you best.
Ultimately, the trick to picking out a good set for beginners will be to first figure out how serious a golfer you want to be. If you see yourself putting in serious hours on the links, investing in some higher-end clubs will likely serve you better than cheaper versions. If you simply want to get into the game and enjoy a little golfing, lower-end sets will do just fine to get you started.